In 1815, the famous Scottish writer Sir Walder Scott wrote a novel called "Guy Manalin", which has been very popular since it was published. Welcome, sold out in 24 hours. The protagonist of this book is a farmer named Dandie Dinmont, because the little dachshund he raised was very cute, so the Dandie Dinmont Terrier, which was also popular at that time, was named after it. up. It is estimated that few people know the Dandie Dinmont Terrier. The following editor will introduce the morphological characteristics and personality characteristics of the Dandie Dinmont Terrier.
1. Shoulder height: Generally 20 ~ 28 cm.
2. Weight: generally 7-11 kg.
3. Head: Large and strong, with broad skull between ears;
4. Eyes: Large and round, bright and full, but not protruding. Eyes set low and wide apart, looking forward.
5. Nose: The nose is dark black, and there is a hairless area of about 6 square centimeters at the base of the nose.
6. Lips: The cheeks gradually narrow towards the lips, deep but firm, and the front is bald and large.
7. Body shape: The trunk is long, the muscles are strong, and the ribs are elastic. The chest is deep and broad, reaching to the elbows, the shoulders low, the loins slightly arched, the ribs well rounded, and moderately curved.
8. Tail: The tail is about 8-10 inches long, thick at the base, about 4 inches at the rump, and tapering toward the tip. The tail is set on a slight extension of the croup. Scimitar tail, the tail is slightly higher than the body, with a half-moon curve. Only when the dog is excited, the tip of the tail will be perpendicular to the root.
9. Coat: The coat is quite special, with mixed soft and hard hairs from the top of the head to the root of the tail. The hair is about 6 cm long, and the color of the coat on the lower part of the body is lighter and softer than that on the upper part of the body. The coat is generally peppery or dark yellow, but lighter on the belly. The peppery ones can fade from blue and black to silver gray; the dark yellow ones can fade from reddish brown to pale yellow.
10. Gait: The stride is easy and natural, with the front legs extending forward and the driving force of the rear legs strong. No matter from the shoulders to the pads, or from the hips to the pads, the legsAll move on a straight plane.
Second, character traits
1. Arrogance: Dandie Dinmont Terrier has his own opinions, and sometimes he is unwilling to obey orders, giving people a look of "I will do it, but Don't force me".
2. Thinking: When seeing the prey, Dandie Dinmont Terrier will not run like an arrow like other terriers, but will start to think after calm thinking action.
3. Perseverance: Once the Dandie Dinmont Terrier starts working, it will not stop until it reaches its goal. Many dog owners are surprised by this, and at the same time frustrated by its indomitable appearance.
4. Friendly: Dandie Dinmont Terrier is a good companion dog, suitable for apartment environment and friendly with children.
5. Loyalty: Dandy Dinmont Terrier is very loyal to the owner, likes to be with people, is very gentle to acquaintances, but very alert to strangers, so it is also very suitable as a watchdog.
About the introduction of the Dandy Dinmont Terrier, the editor will stop here today, have you guys got it yet?