English Español Deutsch Français 日本語

can dogs eat grapes

What Can Dogs Eat
Can dogs eat grapes?
The answer is no.

As pet owners, we always want to provide the best care and nutrition for our pets. However, we need to be extra careful when choosing foods for our pets because some foods that are good for humans can cause serious harm to pets. Grapes are one such food that, despite their many benefits to humans, are extremely dangerous to dogs.

1. Toxic components in grapes
Although it's not clear which component of grapes is toxic to dogs, research suggests that certain components in grapes and raisins may cause kidney failure in dogs. Some studies believe that the tartaric acid in grapes may be the cause of poisoning in dogs. However, there is currently no conclusive evidence for this. Therefore, until we know exactly which components of grapes are toxic to dogs, it is best to avoid exposing dogs to grapes.

2. Symptoms of grape poisoning
When dogs ingest grapes, they may experience the following symptoms: vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, fatigue, dehydration, thirst, frequent urination, little or no urine. These symptoms may appear within a few hours of ingesting grapes or may not appear until several days later. If your dog exhibits these symptoms, seek medical attention immediately.
3. Diagnosis and treatment of grape poisoning
Diagnosing grape poisoning relies primarily on whether the dog has a history of ingesting grapes and whether grapes or raisins are found in the vomit.

Your veterinarian may recommend blood tests, biochemical tests, and urine tests to assess the extent of kidney damage. The main goals in treating grape poisoning are to prevent the absorption of toxins and reduce kidney damage. Treatment methods include inducing vomiting, using activated charcoal, and infusion.

4. Prevention of grape poisoning
To protect your dog, you should ensure that grapes, raisins, wine and other grape products in your home are kept out of your dog’s reach. In addition, educate family and friends on why dogs should not eat grapes to prevent accidents.

5. Other foods that are toxic to dogs
In addition to grapes, there are some foods that are toxic to dogs, such as onions, garlic, chocolate, nuts, high-fat foods, and foods containing xylitol. Knowing about these foods and keeping them away from your pet can help protect your pet's health.
To protect your pet, make sure grapes and grape products in your home are kept out of your dog’s reach. Also, learn about other foods that are toxic to dogs to ensure your pet’s health and safety.

Dogs must not eat grapes. Dogs eating grapes can cause kidney failure and even death.
Dogs will experience depression, loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, and blood in their stools within six hours after eating grapes. These conditions will also lead to reduced urine output or urinary obstruction in the later period. If they do not receive timely treatment within six hours, Treatment: Within 24 to 72 hours, dogs will develop acute renal failure.
So be sure to avoid dogs eating grapes.

In fact, in addition to grapes that dogs cannot eat, there are many foods that are very fatal to dogs.
Below are some foods that dogs cannot eat that the editor has compiled. I hope they can help you.
The first is onion foods, such as green onions and onions. These foods are highly toxic to dogs’ blood. If dogs eat too much, they can cause acute anemia, which can be life-threatening in severe cases. It is customary to add onions or scallions to many stir-fries, miso soups, and broths. Therefore, if we add foods such as scallions when making food, we must not feed them to dogs.
Secondly, refrigerated milk, ice cream and other dairy products cannot be given to dogs, especially smaller dogs. This type of food is likely to cause diarrhea in dogs, and may also cause dogs to develop habitual diarrhea, leading to a decrease in the dog's resistance and physical fitness. If we want to feed some milk and other dairy products to dogs, we must heat them before feeding them, and do not feed them in large amounts. Dogs’ stomachs are not adapted to these foods.
Finally, there are foods with a lot of seasonings added, such as salt, chili, MSG, etc. Foods with these seasonings are very harmful to dogs, especially foods with high salt content. If a dog eats too much salt, it will cause kidney failure and hair loss.
Okay, that’s all the editor has said about the topic of whether dogs can eat grapes. Finally, the editor would like to remind everyone that if we don’t know whether dogs can eat this food, it is best not to feed it to dogs, or Consult your doctor before feeding this to your dog.

Veterinary advice:
Dogs cannot eat grapes. Dogs’ digestive abilities are different from humans. Many substances contained in food can be degraded by humans through their own enzyme systems. However, dogs cannot eat grapes due to lack of certain enzymes or low activity of such enzymes. Degradation occurs and poisoning occurs.
For example, grapes. Don’t think that the toxicity of raisins to dogs will weaken with the loss of water. Raisins are more toxic than grapes, and peeling and seeding have nothing to do with it. However, the toxins in grapes have not been confirmed, but some grape seed extracts Relatively safe. After consuming grapes, abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea may occur. After 12 hours, renal toxicity will occur, which will accumulate for a long time and may seriously lead to renal failure. If the dog accidentally eats one or two pills, induce vomiting in time, and closely observe whether the dog has any symptoms of discomfort. If any, handle it in time.